Terms & Conditions
*Please be advised that by paying the deposit for your accommodation you are accepting these conditions.
Arrival and Departure
Guests may Check In from 2 p.m. on the day of arrival and check out time is 10 a.m. on the day of departure. Should you require a late check out please request this with the property manager and we will do our best to accommodate you (subject to availability).
Please read your ‘Final Confirmation and Arrival instructions’ email from Byron Bay Accom for full arrival and check in instructions.
Should you lose your keys a charge of $450 may be deducted from your security deposit to cover the changes of locks and key replacements.
Please be aware that if you do not check out by 10am a late check out fee of $50.00 per hour until midday and a full day’s rent thereafter will be charged. Please make sure all garbage is in the bin provided and the property is tidy before leaving.
PLEASE NOTE: CHECK IN AND CHECK OUTS SCHEDULED ON CHRISTMAS DAY, BOXING DAY AND NEW YEARS DAY ARE NOT AVAILABLE.
Byron Luxury Beach Houses has a NO PARTY rule in all properties.
All transactions are in Australian Dollars
BOOKINGS, DEPOSITS AND FINAL PAYMENTS
* Your initial deposit of 50% and 2.5% booking fee is due at the time of booking. Final payment must be received at least 30 days prior to check-in. (Bond if applicable must be received 7 days prior to arrival).
* However if your arrival date is within 30 days of booking or the total booking value is $600 or less, then full payment must be made when booking. (Bond if applicable must be received 7 days prior to arrival).
* For bookings made within 4 days of check-in, full payment and bond is required at time of booking and only credit card payments will be accepted.
* Information about payments will also appear on your confirmation. Key collection and Check in details are on the final confirmation after payment is made in full.
* BBA reserves the right to cancel any booking due to owner/operator error and refund all funds.
* Schoolies rates apply to all schoolies bookings whatever dates are booked.
BOOKINGS OVER $10,000
* For bookings greater than $10,000 and made 90 days or more prior to check in:
10% of total amount of booking is to be made upon booking
30% of total amount is to be paid 30 days after booking date
Final payment is to be paid 30 days prior to check in and bond if applicable must be received 7 days prior to arrival.
* For Bookings greater than $10,000 and made less than 90 days prior to check in:
50% of total amount of booking is to be paid upon booking
Final payment is to be paid 30 days prior to check in and bond if applicable must be received 7 days prior to arrival.
* Full payment required for bookings made within 30 days before check in:
This amount will be stated on your Itinerary Confirmation. Bond if applicable must be received 7 days prior to arrival.
* Cancellations for bookings greater than $10,000: If a guest cancels at any time the monies held will be forfeited and are non refundable (excluding bond).
Byron Bay Accom suggests that you obtain Travel Insurance.
Security Bond / HOLIDAY LETTING BOND
(may be different for Special Interests Groups eg. Schoolies and individual properties – refer to confirmations)
Bonds are due 7 days prior to arrival and are refunded 7 business days after departure provided no bond claims have been made. Bonds must be paid by visa or mastercard, either online or by contacting BBA. Where credit card details have been provided and the bond is still outstanding 7 days prior to arrival, the last credit card used for payment will be charged. The Bond relates to any missing or damaged items, excessive noise leading to complaints and general cleanliness of the property, e.g. left in a clean & tidy condition, washing up done, BBQ cleaned and rubbish removed etc.
SECURITY CALL OUTS DUE TO EXCESSIVE NOISE
The Holiday Letting Organisation Security call outs are charged at $165 including GST per call out. After a 2nd complaint you may be evicted without refund.
In any event, guests are responsible for missing or damaged items and cleaning expenses beyond the usual level for the property and will be charged accordingly.
If a security bond claim exceeds the bond held, the guest agrees that any outstanding balances are to be paid directly to Byron Bay Accom within 1 week of notification including any associated recovery fees. If any claims are made against your bond, a $50 admin fee will apply and be deducted.
NUMBER OF GUESTS –
the number of guests must not exceed the amount stipulated in the itinerary or maximum allowed at the property. Breaches will result in bond deduction or eviction without refund.
It is essential that you check the accuracy of your Itinerary/Booking Confirmation when you receive it. If any of this information is not correct (eg dates, number of guests etc) please speak to one of our staff within 24hrs so we can have these details amended and send you an updated Itinerary/Booking Confirmation.
(may be different for Special Interest Groups eg Schoolies)
For all cancellations and changes to bookings you must speak to a BBA staff member. All conditions apply to cancelled or part cancelled bookings which reduce the dollar value of the booking also changing from one property to another or giving 30 days or less notice (60 days or less notice during peak times).
a) 31 days OR MORE to arrival OR (61 Days or MORE for Splendour Festival, Easter week, Christmas week, New Year Week and 1st week January) – Fee: $50 Cancellation Fee and Booking fee.
b) 30 days OR LESS to arrival OR (60 Days or LESS for Splendour Festival, Easter week, Christmas week, New Year Week and 1st week January) – Fee: All funds paid forfeited. No refunds available.
Dates booked are not transferable and constitute a cancellation.
Full charges will apply for no shows!
Licence not a Tenancy
- Under these Terms and Conditions guests are granted a limited permission to occupy the property for short term holiday accommodation.
- This is not a residential tenancy agreement under the relevant state and territory Residential Tenancy legislation.
Failure to comply with any of the Guest’s fundamental obligations and the terms and conditions of the property may result in immediate termination and eviction.
Refunds will not be paid on terminated occupancies.
Inappropriate Bookings and Schoolies
As a duty of care to our properties the management reserves the right to refuse any bookings that we feel may be inappropriate or fall across the Schoolies dates.
Christmas and New Year Bookings
If you’re booking covers both Christmas Day and New Year’s Eve then the booking must be at least 12 days in length.
Contact Byron Bay Accom only for any changes. A fee of $50 is incurred per change. Changes which must be notified in advance to BAA include: Increase in number of guests; requests for change of dates; change in composition of guests. e.g. couples to all men. A cancellation does not constitute a change, please refer to cancellation policy.
Number of Guests
The number of occupants must not exceed the number shown on your booking confirmation. Any additional occupants will be requested to leave the property and a deduction may be may made on the security deposit.
Any increase in numbers must be agreed in advance and will incur an additional fee.
Usage of Property
Byron Luxury Beach Houses is not to be used for any parties, weddings or other functions without written permission from management. If it comes to our attention that the property is being misused by the guests they will be asked to leave the property immediately without any refund.
The owner and agent of the property do not condone unsafe, unruly, irresponsible or illegal conduct/behavior on the premises during your stay. The Owner and Agent accept no responsibility for any actions, incidents, loss, damage or injury sustained during your stay at the premises. The Guest accepts and agrees that a condition of the stay and use of facilities at the property is that all guests indemnify and agree to keep indemnified the Owner and Agent against all liability whatsoever and howsoever arising including but not limited to any actions, incidents, loss or injury sustained during their stay at the property.
Please respect your neighbours during your stay. If a security company is called out to the property to investigate complaints of excessive noise or anti-social behaviour, the guest will be charged $200 per call out which will be taken from the security deposit. After one warning, the guest may be evicted with loss of rent and security deposit.
Smoking is not permitted within the house under any circumstances. Ashtrays are provided for those who wish to smoke outside. Any evidence of smoking in-doors will result in the full security bond being forfeited. Cigarette butts found in the garden will result in a deduction from the security deposit for additional cleaning expenses.
We accept no responsibility for the personal property of guests so please take care.
Towels- 1 x Bath towels, 1 x face washers and 1 x pool towels are provided to each guest for the duration of your stay. For those who are our guests for two weeks or more, fresh towels will be provided mid-week.
Missing towels will be charged to guests at the following rates: $5.00 per face towel, $69.00 per bath towel and $85.00 per pool towel.
All bedding is provided and for guests staying for longer than one week will also be provided with a linen change.
Missing linen/ blankets/ pillows and doonas will be charged as per the recommended retail price should any go missing.
Please be aware when booking the beach houses we have a strict policy on never removing any items or furniture from house to house, as this may cause unnecessary damage and can cause staff difficultly when housekeeping checks are done. This includes decking table and chairs. We are happy to supply you with hire facilities for trestles and chairs. If our staff reports this, your Bond may be charged.
Pets are not permitted within the property without written consent from the property manager.
There is an onsite garage that will hold up to 2 cars.
Key pickup arrangements will vary from property to property.
This information will be clearly displayed on your Itinerary/Booking Confirmation, therefore it is essential that you read this document carefully and we strongly suggest you bring it with you to assist with your check in. If you have misplaced this document please contact this office at least 24 hours prior to your check in.
The balance of your accommodation (and bond if applicable) must be paid prior to your arrival for your keys to be made available.
If you are arriving after hours then you will need to contact Byron Bay Accom/the property 48 hrs prior to your arrival to make suitable arrangements.
REPAIRS TO APPLIANCES IN HOLIDAY LET PROPERTIES (OFF SITE MANAGEMENT)
During your stay, the agent endeavours to have repairs to appliances attended to as soon as possible after being reported. However due to circumstances beyond our control [e.g. having to order parts or non-availability of trade’s people] immediate repair may not be possible. No responsibility is accepted by Byron Bay Accom or the owner in such circumstances. There will be no refunds or discounts. If repairs cannot be attended to, we will use our best endeavours to supply a substitute appliance.
Whilst we attempt to satisfy all special requests, we are unable to provide a guarantee.
MAPS AND IMAGES
Map images, if shown, are for general information and may not necessarily reflect latest or actual services and geography.
Travel documents will be available to view and print off the website or will be forwarded by post or email when full payment is received.
LIABILITY AND RESPONSIBILITY
Byron Bay Accom both for itself and on the behalf of their employees or agents do not accept any responsibility for any act, omission, default or neglect of themselves, their employees or agents for injury, damage, or loss to persons or goods whatsoever or however the same may be caused and they do not warrant and are in no way responsible for the accuracy of any information given in statement made by their service providers in terms of travel arrangements. By utilising the services provided by Byron Bay Accom you agree that:
Byron Bay Accom shall not be liable for the willful or negligent acts and/or omissions of such carriers and/or service providers. Byron Bay Accom will not be liable for any accident, injury, delay, property damage or personal loss to you or those traveling with you in connection with any accommodation, transportation, or other travel services resulting directly or indirectly from any occurrences or conditions beyond its control, including but not limited to acts of terrorism, act of God, defects in vehicles, war, strikes, theft, delay, cancellation, civil disorder, disaster, Government regulations or changes in itinerary or schedule.
Please note that all travel documents, observance of laws and regulations of various Governments are your responsibility.
Byron Bay Accom has taken due care to ensure all information displayed on our site is accurate, however as information is collected from a large number of sources, we cannot guarantee that the site is free from errors. All bookings are made with this understanding and Byron Bay Accom can not be responsible for errors or resultant guest misunderstanding of property information and other site information offered.
Schoolies Booking Conditions
Normal BBA Booking Conditions apply. In addition these conditions apply.
At BBA we are pleased to provide an environment for our youth to celebrate their end of school time. Clear guidelines are needed to make things run smoothly. We would like your holiday in Byron Bay to be an enjoyable experience for you and everyone else concerned. Please read these conditions carefully.
By proceeding to make a booking you acknowledge that all members of your group have read and accepted the schoolies terms and conditions and will abide by them and one nominated group leader will be responsible for the reservation.
PAYMENTS AND CANCELLATIONS
- 50% Deposit is to be paid at the time of the booking + 2.5% non-refundable booking fee.
- Your Deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE UNDER ALL CIRCUMSTANCES. We strongly advise that you take out travel insurance in the event that you have to cancel your booking.
- The dollar value of a booking can not be reduced as this is classed as a cancellation and monies are non refundable. Any administration changes to your booking will incur a $100 fee.
- The BALANCE of your accommodation and your SECURITY BOND is payable by the 1st September year of arrival. Bond amount is $1,500. If these funds are not paid by the due date your booking will be cancelled and NO MONIES will be refunded.
CONDITIONS OF THE PROPERTY
- Number of guests booked is the maximum allowed on the property and will be strictly enforced.
- The property is to be fully secured when unattended
- Upon vacation: all rubbish is to be placed in the bins provided, dishes washed and put away, furniture in original position, excess dirt swept, rubbish removed from gardens, BBQ cleaned.
- Strata Title Laws must be observed.
- VISITORS: No visitors allowed. The SECURITY GUARD has the right to enter the property if necessary.
- No Parties
- NOISE: No excess noise from Stereos, TV’s, DVD’s or other electronic equipment, loud voices etc. is to be made at anytime. For the comfort of other guests and neighbours, minimal noise only to be audible outside of the property at any time. Additionally if the police or security are called or your group is warned for noise more than once your bond may be forfeited and you will be evicted.
- All damages, breakages or losses to the property furniture or furnishings will be paid for by the guest. Loss of keys will attract a $50 fee.
- Absolutely NO SMOKING inside the property. Charges for cleaning due to smoking in the property will be deducted from your bond.
- A SECURITY GUARD will be observing your accommodation during your stay. This is not just to keep an eye on noise levels etc but for YOUR SECURITY and we would encourage you to speak to the guard if you feel it necessary. If the security guard reports to Byron Bay Accom intolerable behaviour from any member of your group, this may result in eviction without refund.
Breaches of these conditions may result in the forfeiture of your SECURITY BOND, refusal of key and/eviction at the discretion of the management. If you are evicted prior to your departure date the balance of your accommodation is NOT SUBJECT TO REFUND.